The Best Choice For Functional Fitness In The Region.
We Are Re-Opening as of July 6, 2020!!
Check Out The Rules and Restrictions Here.
On Monday July 6th we will be reopening and welcoming you back! As expected, it won’t be business as usual, but we are excited to see you all get back to training!
The Ministry of Health has just released an amendment to the Provincial Emergency Order which allows Indoor Sports Facilities to train any athlete regardless of affiliation. Since Functional Fitness and Powerlifting and Weightlifting are sports in which we train athletes who can compete, we are permitted to allow access to small groups (of up to eight people) as long as social distancing and sanitation guidelines set out by Public Health are adhered to.
Please carefully read the procedures and precautions below that we will be employing to ensure your safety and the safety of our coaches.
There is a lot of information here and we (mostly JenR) apologize for that in advance but we want to make sure everyone is well informed in order to make the re-openning of Attain Athletics run smoothly and effeciantly. If anything isn’t clear or you have any questions, please let us know. This is important. We don’t want anyone to get sick and we also don’t want to be shut-down again. So have a seat and please read carefully!
The New Normal (For Now)
You will be required to reserve (RSVP) for one of eight available spots per class. This will be done using ZenPlanner just as before. We encourage all Crew Members to reserve their spots by midnight the night before. Classes with no participants by midnight the night before will be cancelled. If you sign up but are later unable to attend, please remove your name as soon as possible to allow another Crew member to sign in to that spot. If you require a password reset for ZenPlanner please email Coach JenR ASAP to have one sent to you.
You will be able to book time slots starting Wednesday July 1st, and 2 weeks in advance going forward.
Daily live Zoom classes will stop after Saturday July 4th. If you are not ready to return please notify us by email ASAP. If you stopped payment of your membership completely but wish to return (and we hope you do!) please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your membership activated.
Class Schedule will be as follows
and is subject to change as we get rolling.
9am Tues and Thurs
Teen Elite Classes
11am Tues Wed Thurs
Return to Training Procedures and Precautions
Please read and review the following carefully so that you are clear of the requirements of you and of us to open and remain open.
- Please arrive for your class no more than 5-10min early. We are unable to “hang out” in the gym as we did before.
- Please enter through the door on the East side of the building. Bring ALL your items into the gym and to your assigned platform. We will be exiting the gym using the West side / Garage door and will not be able to re-enter the waiting area.
- Please make sure to have your own water as we will be unable to provide any for you at this time.
- You will be required to RSVP for your class via ZenPlanner. Excessive no-shows and cancellations will result in your ability to RSVP being removed. Late arrivals will not be admitted and the gym door will be locked at the exact class start time. Sorry folks, timeframes and sanitation steps are very rigorous and we want to keep things safe and moving.
- When you arrive at the parking lot you must wait outside of the east side entry door. If more than one person is waiting, you must employ social distancing and form a line. You will be collected by the Coach on duty 5 minutes before your time slot and allowed entry into the gym.
- You will be required to use a hand sanitizer provided at the hand sanitizing station/ wash hands.
- Wearing a mask is not required but if you feel more comfortable wearing one please do. Please bring your own mask.
- Your outdoor shoes will be removed in the entry area and carried with you to your training area. You will not be permitted to use the front shoe or coat storage area. You will not be permitted to change in the entry area or restroom. Please come ready to train. If you have shoes stored at the gym please let the Coach know and he or she will bring them to you.
- You will be escorted to your reserved training area where you will remain for the duration of your training. Coaches will try to have all equipment you will be using at each platform. If other weights are needed please let your coach know.
- Children are not permitted in the facility at this time. This includes the waiting area.
- Your training area will be equipped with the equipment you will need. If additional items are required please notify the Coach on duty.
- Gym chalk will not be provided. Please bring your own. One small individual block of chalk will be made available in baggies if you need it. Please take it with you and bring it each time you train. Do not share chalk and please sweep up any that you drop.
- Each member will be asked to clean the equipment that he/she has used after training is complete. Please do not use your sweat towel to wipe equipment.
- Everything you touch must be sprayed with disinfectant and wiped by you when your training is complete. Sweat, handprints and sweat angels on the floor, the rig uprights and bars, and any other equipment you’ve touched or sweat on must be done during your training time slot and not interfere with the next training start time.
- You are responsible for your own garbage. Any water bottles and containers you bring into the gym must be taken out with you and not disposed of at the gym. The gym waste receptacles will be used for disposable paper towels only.
- We strongly discourage food consumption in the gym. The cleaning demands placed on the facility to allow you to train are excessive and costly.
- No loitering will be permitted in the gym as our capacity is strictly limited by Public Health. We ask that you leave as soon as your area is clean. You will not be permitted outside to catch your breath or recover until your area is clean. Once you walk out the door you are not permitted back in until your next training session and after full entry procedure is once again completed
- When training has ended and your station is in a satisfactory state of cleanliness and order, you will be escorted by staff out the west / garage door. Parking will remain the same as pre-covid (parallel to the fence line)
- If you are not feeling well or experiencing any symptoms of the coronavirus or any other ailment which compromises your immunity or produces excessive sneezing, coughing, sweating etc. please stay home.
- Please do not high-five or fist bump your friends at this time. You can comment and congratulate other athletes in the Sugar WOD app for their PR’s and best times.
- We will not be permitted to operate overhead or other fans in the facility. Please dress appropriately.
- Please note the gym will be closed every Sunday for a deep and thorough cleaning indefinitely.
Thank you all for your understanding and support through this very challenging time. We aren’t out of the woods yet and we greatly appreciate everyone’s patience as we organize your return as best as we can given the short timelines. We can’t wait to (safely) see all of you!
Caledonia’s first functional fitness gym.
We are a strength and conditioning facility which employs various athletic and sport training methodologies and constantly varied, high intensity, functional movements.
Our workouts include gymnastics (body weight), plyometrics (jumping/landing) Powerlifting (Deadlift, back squat, bench press), Olympic weightlifting (clean and jerk, snatch), throwing and controlling external objects (medicine ball), Strongman ( farmer’s carry, atlas stones, lifting heavy objects), Kettlebells, running, rowing, and rope climbs.
We program our workouts to stimulate your body’s various energy pathways (phosphagen, anaerobic, and aerobic)
Mixing functional movement together will allow diversity in our training regimen.
Attain’s focus is on helping our athletes work towards their GPP (general physical preparedness.) We do so by incorporating various aspects of training methods on a daily basis.
We encourage our athletes to participate a minimum of 3 classes a week. Ideally the preferred prescription for participating is 3 days on followed by 1 day off. Second best is 5 days on 2 days off.
Our athletes vary in age from 12-70+yrs of age. Attain will teach an athlete (YOU) how to move properly and safely. Once the basic movements are learned we will be able to start more advanced movements and incorporate the movements in our WODs (workout of the day.)
Additionally we offer Nutrition coaching and our revere for optimal eating habits will allow you too gain the fullest degree of athleticism. You will be coached and educated on balanced dietary choices.
We have been helping people change their lives for almost a decade. Come in and see what your are missing.
Programs and Packages
Regular adult participation in daily WODs. Challenging workouts in a fun and supportive atmosphere. Always scaleable to your personal needs.
Subject to HST
Workouts geared towards the active masters. Customized to maximize health and fitness in the more life experienced individual.
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am
Subject to HST
Hybrid Nutrition and Group Classes
Regular adult participation in daily WODs combined with a personalized Nutrition Plan to maximize fitness and health gains. Challenging workouts in a fun and supportive atmosphere. Always scaleable to your personal needs.
Subject to HST
Get your sweat on in these fast paced, variety packed sessions! 3 times per week: Mondays @7:30pm, Wednesdays @7:30pm, and Saturdays @9:00am. 6-8 week sessions, price varies accordingly. Contact us for details.
No Sweat Intro.
A 30 minute no charge consultation. Come in, sit down with a coach and we will set up a game plan customized to your goals.
By Appointment Only
No Sweat Intro
Attain Athletics Coaches
Owner, Head Coach
CrossFit Level 2, CrossFit Kids
CrossFit Level 2, Precision Nutrition Certified Coach (PN1), CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer.
CrossFit level 1, Brand X Kids
Don’t struggle on your own. Get lasting results you never thought possible with expert nutrition coaching and accountability from Melissa Carson.